Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup


Well I wasn't planning on sharing this recipe, but I got some special requests from some of my Facebook fans. Plus, my hubby really liked it, and since he is a pretty picky eater I figure that makes it worth sharing!
I actually made this one up on my own, taking ideas from here and there, and I love the way it turned out!

Chicken Tortilla Soup (Crock Pot Style)

-4 chicken thighs uncooked
-2 cans of diced tomatoes (undrained)
-2 cans of chopped green chilies (undrained)
-1-1/2 cup of chicken broth
-1 1/2 tsp of cumin
-1 can of kidney beans
-4 corn tortillas cut into thin strips
-avocado
-cilantro
-cheese
-sour cream

Place the chicken, tomatoes, chilies, beans, broth, and cumin into the crock pot and mix together. Heat on low for 6 hours, or high for 3 hours. 
Shred the chicken using two forks.
Add the kidney beans and strips of corn tortillas and mix together. Add more chicken broth if desired.
*Note mine turned out more like chili because my hubby doesn't like brothy soups. It's all up to your own preference!

Serve with avocado, cilantro, cheese, and sour cream!
Enjoy!
Photobucket
Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!
Colossians 3:17 
And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Linking up with: Happy Hour FridayFlash Blog FridayWeekend Bloggy ReadingShow Off FridayFaith Filled FridayInspiration FridayCreate and InspireFeature Friday

7 comments:

  1. Looks delicious, thanks for the recipe :)

    Also, him from a new Blog Hop follower!

    Laura
    http://casetadepaper.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WILL be pinning this and making it this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds yummy! Will be sharing this on my FB page https://www.facebook.com/carrieisblessed
    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your crock pot chicken tortilla soup looks so yummy! We can't wait to try it! We would love to have you share it at our Strut Your Stuff Saturday link party at sixsistersstuff.com. We also launched our new sister site Myrecipemagic.com. You can post recipes and make money! We are so excited about it. Check it out! Have a great week and we hope to hear from you soon! -The Six Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found you through Frugal Fooddie Mama Marvelous Monday. =)

    I would love for you to share and link up at my weekly TGIF Link Party if you haven't already this week. Your favorite posts, most popular, recent or new! The party is open every Thursday night and closes Wednesday's at midnight. Followed by (Not SO) Wordless Wednesday! http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/.

    I would be honored if you join us and follow to stay connected Have a wonderful week!

    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so yummy -- thank you for linking up at Apronista.com!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments bring a smile to my face! Thanks for visiting my blog :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...