Thursday, October 18, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Cookies

A couple weekends ago, I had 2 of my sister-in-laws stay with me. Not only did they cook me dinner, but they inspired me to bake something pumpkin!
It was the perfect fall Friday with cool weather, pretty leaves, and a yummy smelling apple pumpkin candle burning in the kitchen!
Who wouldn't want to make some pumpkin spice cookies on a day like that?

So we went to the store and gathered up the ingredients to make the
EASIEST YUMMIEST PUMPKIN SPICE COOKIES!
I promise. They are super easy!

All you need is:

1 can of pumpkin
1 box spice cake mix
cream cheese frosting

Instead of adding in the egg and oil like the cake mix calls for, just empty the entire can of pumpkin into the cake mix.
 Then tell your sister-in-law Elizabeth to mix it all together.
(This step may be difficult if Elizabeth is not there)
 Mix it real good until you don't see anymore white chunks and it's pretty smooth.
  Now here's where it gets tricky. 
If you want your normal size cookie, then use a spoon to measure out 1/2 inch lumps of better on the greased cookie sheet.
Do you want GIANT cookies?
If so, use an ice cream scoop to scoop the batter onto your greased cookie sheet.
 Trust me, they will be giants.
Then, have Elizabeth lick the batter off the spatula.
(Again, if Elizabeth is not there, this step will be nearly impossible)
 Bake the cookies at 350 for about 10-15 minutes
(depending on their size).
 Frost with cream cheese icing.
And sprinkle with a little pumpkin pie spice. 
Enjoy your giant pumpkin spice cookies!
And don't let Elizabeth eat all of them! 
Last year I used this same recipe to make Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes and it worked great too! 
Check them out by clicking here!
Photobucket
Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!
Colossians 3:17 
And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

2 comments:

  1. I'm all about the giant cookies! Especially because it makes them softer on the inside! I have this pinned and I've been meaning to try it

    ReplyDelete

Your comments bring a smile to my face! Thanks for visiting my blog :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...